Linking with your Online Banking
Transactions are processed as ACH transactions, which require a link to your checking account. We use this method because of the lower processing cost, which allows us to pass along greater savings to you!
We protect your bank account information using industry-leading best practices, keeping your data private and secure. To learn more about these practices, see here
Your account can be linked two different ways- manually (entering your account and routing number as you would find on the bottom of a check), and instantly (by logging in securely through your online banking. Both options are presented during enrollment and when adding a new bank account. This is to verify we can properly debit and credit your account. When you see the small amount debited from your account, your bank is verified.
If you've linked your bank by providing your routing and account numbers...
We’ll need you to confirm the two small deposits (under 10¢ each) we deposited into your account. It may take a day or two for you to see these amounts. Once you see them, return to the app (or enroll.gasbuddy.com on the web) to confirm these amounts, then wait for them to be withdrawn (up to 4 business days). Your card will be shipped out as soon as these amounts are confirmed.
If you do not see the deposits in your bank statement, please do the following:
- Check you are using a compatible checking account (see below)
- Contact your bank to ensure you have the correct account and routing numbers. If you think you have entered the wrong account or routing number, contact customer support HERE to update your account.
- Ask your bank if they may have blocked the deposits from showing in your account. If so, have them authorize the transfer.
If you've linked your bank account using your online credentials...
Sit back and relax! You will see a small amount placed into your account, then taken out in a span of about 1-3 business days (Mon-Fri excluding holidays).
Compatible Checking Accounts
- Must be a checking account, savings accounts cannot be used
- Direct Banks (also known as branchless banks, virtual banks, or online-only banks) cannot be linked up to the Pay With GasBuddy program. This includes, but is not limited to, accounts such as American Express Centurion, PayPal, GoBank, Green Dot Bank, Chime, and Bancorp Bank accounts.