Viewing your points stats
In the app, tap the profile button on top-left of the home screen, then select points. Here you will see:
- All-time Points = the number of points earned over the lifetime of the account
- Points Today = points earned today
- Unused Points = points available to enter the daily draw
- Overall Rank = how your point stats compare to others
- Consecutive Days Reporting = how many days in a row you’ve earned points
Points are earned by reporting prices and completing challenges (available on Android and iOS). You can earn up to 1000 points per day for reporting prices.
You can also earn points by visiting one of our local sites (bostongasprices.com for example), logging in, and clicking 'GasBuddy Blog & News' links on the left-hand side.
Points are used to enter the GasBuddy Daily Draw. We give away $100 in free gas every day!
Challenges and achievements
Challenges ask you to do something in the app. After completion, you will typically be awarded points and achievements.
There is a rotation of daily, weekly, and monthly challenges and, at times, entirely unique challenges.
These can be viewed by tapping the Win button at the bottom of the GasBuddy app. In order to complete a challenge, the challenge requirements must be satisfied and completed within the time frame (if applicable).
Challenges not showing
Challenges are available on the latest version of Android and iOS.
In order for challenges to show, the following criteria must be met:
- You are signed in to your account
- Location services are enabled
- Your device's date and time is set to automatic