There are a number of reasons why a transaction may have been declined.
- Limits: to help prevent abuse and fraud, there is a $75 daily limit and a $300 weekly limit on Pay With GasBuddy™.
- In-store purchase: Pay With GasBuddy™ cannot be used in the store. It may only be used directly at the pumps for gas purchases
- Invalid Driver ID: find instructions for resetting your driver ID here
- Excluded brand: The following brands do not accept Pay With GasBuddy:
- Sam's Club
- Exxon Mobil
- Select Walmart Stations
- Select Arco Stations
- Not an accepted WEX location, you can view all WEX accepted locations here.
- Your card has not been activated yet or is deactivated due to an outstanding balance.
- You must choose Credit, as the payment type, at the pump. Even though Pay With GasBuddy™ is not linked with your credit in any way, the pump reads Pay With GasBuddy™ in the same way as a credit card.
If none of the above apply to your declined transaction, please contact GasBuddy customer service here.