What to know before using your card
The Pay With GasBuddy card functions much like a typical bank card. A transaction is made with the card, then funds are withdrawn from your bank account.
- Transactions typically take 1-3 business days (Mon-Fri, excluding holidays) to be withdrawn
- The pump won't show the discounted amount as this is calculated afterwards
- The card can only be used at the pumps, for fuel purchases
- The card is processed as 'credit' and is subject to credit prices
- If prompted for an odometer reading, you can skip the step by entering "99"
How to use the card
The card must be used directly in the pump and will not be accepted if used in-store or for any other purchase/combined purchase other than gas.
- Insert/swipe the card as directed at the pump.
- Select CREDIT if prompted to choose between credit and debit
- If prompted to enter your odometer reading, please enter your current mileage on your vehicle (or press 99 to skip).
- Enter your 4 digit Driver ID number that you set up in the final step of activating your card.
- Pump fuel as you normally would.
The pump does not show the discounted price. Instead, the discount is applied directly to the transaction prior to being withdrawn from your checking account.
You will see the discount details on your e-mailed receipt from GasBuddy®, as well as in the savings tab of the app.
If you are enrolled in the Shop Your Way linked program, you will not see a discount on your transaction. Instead, rewards are applied in the form of CashBack Points to your Shop Your Way account.
Where Pay with GasBuddy is accepted
For the most up to date list of accepting stations, you can view all WEX accepted locations here.
The following brands do not accept Pay With GasBuddy, as they are either already typically discounted, or simply not participating:
- Sam's Club
- Exxon Mobil
- Select Walmart stations
- Select Arco stations
While ExxonMobil accepts WEX cards, they do not accept Pay With GasBuddy cards at this time.
Where to find your fuel receipt
Following a transaction, we e-mail a receipt to the email address we have on file, and also make the transaction details available in your GasBuddy app.
To access your Transaction History in the app, tap the settings button (top-left) then 'Manage your Pay with GasBuddy Account', then 'View Transactions'. This information can also be found after opening the app and tapping the 'savings' button.
To help prevent abuse and fraud, there is a $75 daily limit and a $300 weekly limit on all Pay With GasBuddy cards.
Once either limit is reached, the pump will stop, and the transaction will be complete. Failed attempts at using the card (incorrect driver ID, using inside the store, etc) will contribute towards this limit.
If this happens and you still wish you purchase more fuel, you will have to begin a new transaction with a different form of payment.
We are excited to be able to provide this discount for you! Because we are currently providing the discount at our own expense, we are not able to increase the limit at this time. We hope to be able to provide even bigger discounts for you, in the future!
Combining with other rewards programs
Pay With GasBuddy can be used in conjunction with other loyalty/rewards programs at the pump, as long as the loyalty card is not a payment card. The Pay with GasBuddy card will act as the form of payment.