GasBack means free gas! GasBack is money you earn by shopping with your favorite brands and signing up for new services through GasBuddy.
How are we able to do this? GasBuddy is developing partnerships with leading brands that provide incentives for us to promote their products and services. GasBuddy is committed to helping you save money on gas, so we pass those incentives along to you in the form of free gas!
GasBack can be earned all kinds of ways!
- Review the savings tab in your GasBuddy app for our latest retailers.
- Check emails sent out for the latest offers and sign-up bonuses for new services
- Upload receipts for Deal Alert station offers in your area
For online offers, please make sure you click on the offer link from the GasBuddy email, app, or website, otherwise, we don’t have any way of knowing to issue you your GasBack!
For any GasBack offers you receive by email, please make sure the email address it was sent to matches the one tied to your GasBuddy account.
Please note the Pay with GasBuddy card cannot be used to make purchases, a standard form of payment must be used.
Awarded GasBack is automatically redeemed by making a fuel purchase with the Pay with GasBuddy card. It’s free to sign up for the Pay card and it saves you money at nearly every pump in America! Only available GasBack can be used. Any pending GasBack will not be applied to a purchase.
All you need to do is order the card, link your checking account, set your Driver ID (it acts as your PIN number) and you’re good to go! You can sign up for Pay with GasBuddy through your GasBuddy app or on our website here.
Each GasBack offer has a “pending period” before the GasBack can be awarded. This pending period is because GasBuddy must wait until the merchant confirms your purchase. For retailers, this often includes a “return window”, where users have the ability to receive a refund from the merchant for any number of reasons. The pending period varies from merchant to merchant.
Any pending or available GasBack will be shown in the Savings tab of the GasBuddy app at the very top. If you click into your Available GasBack, you can see an itemized list of pending and cleared transactions.
Alternatively, go to your Transaction History by clicking view transactions in your GasBuddy app. Here you will find a combined GasBack and fuel purchase history.
If you still don't see the GasBack in your history you may be logged in with the wrong email address. Please check the email you received to confirm or contact our support team for further assistance.
If it has been longer than the stated pending period and your GasBack is still pending please contact customer support here!
Other ways to redeem GasBack
At this time any earned GasBack can only be redeemed with the Pay with GasBuddy card but we are always working to improve the service.
If you want more information about the Pay with GasBuddy program please see our help center here.
Didn't receive GasBack
Pending GasBack can take 2-3 business days (Mon-Fri) to appear in your transaction history.
PLEASE NOTE: Typically, when we don't see a transaction on our end, it's for one of the following reasons:
- The provided link to get to the retailer's website was not clicked.
- The email address on the account and email used for the promotion do not match
- The link was clicked but the delay was too long from when the link was clicked on the offer to make the purchase (this is called a cookie window, and it varies by brand but is usually 1-7 days)
- The link was clicked but then the checkout or sign-up process was completed on a different device or window
- The link was clicked, but then a different merchant affiliate link was clicked after ours and the transaction was completed through that link
If it’s been more than 72 hours and you still haven’t received a Pending GasBack notification, contact customer support here!