My bank isn’t listed, how do I link my checking account to my Pay with GasBuddy™ card with my account and routing numbers?
If your bank is not listed you can still manually verify your checking account. Simply click Enter Account Manually on the link account page. From there, enter the account and routing numbers for a valid checking account.
If I don't have online banking credentials, how do I link my checking account to my Pay with GasBuddy™ card with my account and routing numbers?
If you do not have online banking credentials and cannot connect your bank account using automatic verification, we can manually verify your bank. Simply click Enter Account Manually on the link account page. From there, enter the account and routing numbers for a valid checking account.
What happens if my online banking login does not work?
If you see an error message while connecting to your bank account using your online ID and password, first please ensure that you are using the proper login credentials for your bank. If you still cannot connect your bank account, we can manually verify your bank. Go back to the search for Link Bank Account Screen, from there simply click Enter Account Manually. Once there, enter the account and routing numbers for a valid checking account.
How does the Manual Micro Deposit Process Work?
After you have entered your account & routing number you will have to manually confirm you received 2 small deposits in your account:
- Check your bank account statement 1-3 business days after you entered the account information for 2 small deposits.
- Go into the savings section of the App and enter the 2 amounts in the Confirm Your Bank screen. You will be brought to a screen that says "Bank Account Confirmed!"
- GasBuddy will then perform a Secondary Verification that will take 1-3 business days. During this process, we withdraw the deposit amounts to ensure we can transact with the account.
- Once your account is completely verified you will be able to activate your card!
If I enroll using my checking account and routing numbers, how quickly will I receive the two small deposits needed to start using my Pay with GasBuddy™ card?
You will see the deposits posted to your checking account within 3 business days. Please take extra care when entering these amounts into the GasBuddy app.
Why didn't I receive the 2 small deposits to my bank?
Once you have added your bank by account and routing number, 2 small deposits will be sent to your account. After 1-3 business days, check your account for these deposits. If you do not see the deposits in your bank statement, please do the following:
- Check you are using a compatible checking account. Unfortunately, there are some banks that are incompatible with Pay with GasBuddy™ including most prepaid bank accounts, direct bank accounts, or branchless bank accounts. This can include but is not limited to, American Express Centurion, GoBank, Green Dot, Bancorp accounts, Chime, Pay Pal etc.
- Contact your bank to ensure you have the correct account and routing numbers. If you think you have entered the wrong account or routing number, contact support here to update your account.
- Ask your bank if they may have blocked the deposits from showing in your account. If so, have them authorize the transfer.
If you still do not have deposits in your account, you will need to link a different bank to your Pay with GasBuddy™ account. Please contact support here to update a checking account.
I only received one small deposit, what do I do?
Please note: If you've linked your account by providing your online credentials, you will not receive two small deposits. Rather, 1 cent will be placed into, then automatically removed from your account, to make sure the link is working correctly.
If you've linked your checking account by providing your routing and checking account numbers, you will receive 2 small deposits.
However, your bank may combine the two small amounts. If you notice only one amount deposited into your checking account, please contact your bank as they will need to provide you with the separate amounts.
Can a checking account be used for more than one Pay with GasBuddy™ card?
Yes. If you share a joint checking account with a spouse or child, it can be associated with more than one Pay With GasBuddy™ card.
How secure is linking my checking account to Pay with GasBuddy™ for fuel purchases?
GasBuddy protects your bank account information using best practices in the payment industry to ensure your data is kept private and secure - all banking and transaction data is transmitted securely to and from our service partners; Yodlee, Dwolla, WEX and Perfect Plastic. Upon user enrollment, we employ fraud protection services to validate the identification of our users. Furthermore, we transmit the minimum amount of required data to complete transactions or any other functions of our service.