Effective Date: July 27, 2018
See GasBuddy Card Link Offers Terms of Service (“Terms”) to learn about our rules and guidelines that apply to and govern your use of the Card Link Program services.
- Personal Information We Collect
Personal information is any information that directly and indirectly identifies an individual user or that could be used to contact or locate him or her including name, email, phone number and address. We need the following personal information to provide you with our Card Link Program services:
- your name;
- a valid email address;
- Payment card information; and
- Payment Card transactions information (please see Transaction Data Collection section to see what this information includes)
- Transaction Data Collection
When you link an eligible debit or credit card (“Payment Card”) to the GasBuddy user account associated with the email that you used at the time of registration (the “GasBuddy Account”), we collect transaction information from the card network associated with your Payment Card (“Card Network”) for those transactions made at the participating merchants.
- Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
By linking your Payment Card to your GasBuddy Account, you authorize us to share your Payment Card information with:
(a) the Card Network, such as Visa or Mastercard:
(i) so it knows you enrolled in the Card Link Program,
(ii) to monitor transactions on your linked Payment Card to identify qualifying purchases in order to determine whether you qualify for or earn GasBack on transactions linked to your Payment Card in connection with the Card Link Program; and
(iii) to share such transaction details with us to provide the Card Link Program to you.
(b) EMPYR network specifically to support the offers provided by the EMPYR network.
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- to confirm a qualifying purchase eligible for GasBack rewards;
- to match transactions to confirm whether you qualify for a GasBack credits;
- to share transaction data with the participating merchant where a transaction occurred as needed for the merchant to confirm a specific transaction occurred or points should be awarded; for example, the date and amount of your purchase and the last 4 digits of your card number so the merchant can verify your purchase with its records if there is a missing or disputed transaction;
- to create a record of the transaction data and thereafter maintain and use data in connection with operating the Card Link Program services;
- to conduct analysis for the improvement and optimization of the Card Link Program; and
- to respond to requests from government authorities or payment organizations involved in a transaction with you or a merchant.
You authorize the sharing, exchange and use of transaction data described above and herein by and among GasBuddy and GasBuddy’s third-party service providers, applicable Card Networks and applicable merchants.
[If you have consented to participate in our GasBuddy Card Link Offers Program , e.g., Card Linking Program, please visit the Terms to learn more about card linking and transaction eligibility in connection with the program.] If you would like to opt out of card linking and transaction monitoring in connection with the program, please navigate to the wallet section of the GasBuddy app and click on “Connected Cards”. Select the card you would like to remove and select “Remove card”.
- Personal Information Retention
After you terminate your use of the Card Link Program services, we will retain some of your Personal Information in our records as part of our backup procedures and as required by applicable laws.
- How to Contact Us