- Only prices reported near the station count - so be close!
- Competition is based on your top 10 most popular stations. Because of this the members you see on your Leaderboard can change based on the stations you/other members report.
- Report prices often - your activity over thirty days determines your ranking!
In order for prices to be displayed and for top spotter, champ, awards, challenges and leaderboards to calculate properly, GPS is required and price reports must be made while physically at the station. This is done to reduce recent abuse (people making up prices for stations in areas other than where they are currently located, etc.).
The total prices reported on the leaderboards are based on your reporting activity over the past thirty days. On the 31st day, your prices that you reported on day 1 of the cycle will not be included in the total anymore as it will now fall outside of the thirty day cycle.
Here is an interactive example showing how the Leaderboard counts prices over a period of 40 days.
- The prices shown represent the total amount of good prices that were reported. If some or all of the prices you report are not considered good they would not be added to your total.
- As you move from day 30 to day 31 you can see how prices start to be removed from the total.
Included in Total
Not Included in Total
Removed from Total
Makes up your Leaderboard total
Never use GasBuddy while driving. Please only use GasBuddy when safe and legal to do so.