Information We Collect Directly from You. In order for you to use the Service, you must provide GasBuddy with certain information about yourself and your checking account. The information you are required to provide includes your name, address, email address, driver’s license number, phone number and checking account information, and any other information you are asked to provide when you sign up to use the Service.
Updating account information. You are responsible for keeping your financial account information with the enrolled bank account and information about yourself up to date. If your enrolled bank account information it out of date or incorrect you will not be able to use the Service. You may update or correct your information on the App by navigating to the savings tab and electing to update relevant account information.
Use of Information by GasBuddy.GasBuddy may use information that we collect about you through the Service to:
- provide access to the Service and to provide you with requested services and customer support and to process and respond to your inquiries;
- personalize, customize, measure, and improve our services, content, and advertising and otherwise to enhance your experience of the Service;
- prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce the GasBuddy Payments Terms of Service;
- analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Service;
- generate and review reports and data about our user base and service usage patterns;
- compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- contact you with information, including promotional, marketing and advertising information and recommendations that we believe may be of interest to you;
- provide you with other services requested by you as described when we collect the information;
- occasionally provide you with advance notice in the event that it appears that processing a payment through the Service may result in an overdraft of your checking account. Please note that GasBuddy and its Service Providers do not have the capacity to provide this service in connection with all transactions and GasBuddy is in no way representing or guaranteeing that you will receive advance notice of a potential overdraft;
- provide you with information we deem relevant when you visit third party merchant locations;
- if you use the Service on a mobile device, with your consent, we may send push notifications to your mobile device to provide updates about the Service and other relevant messages. You can manage push notifications from the “Settings” page within your account. You may also be able to manage them from your mobile device’s settings page; and
GasBuddy’s Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
GasBuddy may disclose your information to the following third parties:
- Business Transfers; Bankruptcy. If GasBuddy becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, GasBuddy may share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection with the applicable transaction.
- Aggregate Information.GasBuddy may share information relating to visitors and users of the Service with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an aggregate basis. We note that, while this information will not identify you personally, in some instances these third parties may be able to combine this information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
- Law Enforcement Authorities. To the extent permitted by law, we may share your information with law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other GasBuddy user to legal liability, or to protect our rights or property, or during emergencies when safety is at risk.
- Security. Subject to Section 6, we restrict access to the non-public information you provide to us to our Payment Partners and those employees who need such information in order to provide and maintain the Service. In compliance with federal regulations, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to guard and prevent misuse of your non-public personal information. However, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to GasBuddy or submit through the Service and you do so at your own risk. No internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. Email sent to or through the Service may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information online and take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
- Customer Service Correspondence
If you send us correspondence, including e-mails and faxes, we retain the applicable information electronically in the records of your account. We will also electronically retain customer service correspondence and other correspondence sent from GasBuddy to you, including but not limited to inbound phone call recordings. We retain these records in order to measure and improve our customer service and to investigate potential fraud and violations. We may, over time, delete these records as permitted by law.
- How to Contact Us