There are a number of reasons why a transaction may have been declined.
- Limits: to help prevent abuse and fraud, there is a $75 daily limit, and a $300 weekly limit on Pay With GasBuddy.
- In-store purchase: Pay With GasBuddy cannot be used in the store. It may only be used directly at the pumps for gas purchases
- Invalid Driver ID: find instructions for resetting your driver ID here
- Excluded brand: The following brands do not accept Pay With GasBuddy:
- Sam's Club
- Select Walmart Stations
- Exxon Mobil
- Your card has not been activated yet or is deactivated due to an outstanding balance.
- You must choose Credit, as the payment type, at the pump. Even though Pay With GasBuddy is not linked with your credit in any way, the pump reads Pay With GasBuddy in the same way as a credit card.
If none of the above apply to your declined transaction, please contact GasBuddy customer service.