To view the station details page (where Ratings/Reviews are found), tap a station in the price list. On the station details page, scroll down to below the amenities to see current ratings, including Best Bets (highest-rated items), and Watch Out! (lowest-rated items).
Tap the RATE STATION button to begin rating.
Tap to rate individual station features, or swipe right to skip rating that feature.
To complete the rating process, leave a brief review. This section can be used to cover things specific to that location (like "Ask for Sarah! She rocks!" or "Station gets really busy around 5 pm"), or just any other helpful info. Once you've entered your review, tap Submit.
Vote Up Appropriate Reviews Or Flag Inappropriate Content
Stations with more than one review show a thumb-up icon beside each review. The review with the most thumbs up is listed at the top.
Tap any review to either vote up or flag a review.
Why Isn't My Rating/Review Showing?
After completing the rating process, our system needs 2-5 minutes to process the review before displaying it. This process checks for things like bad words, non-words (like "adflkjsafsaf" or even "sttaaations") and may keep some reviews from being displayed.
Reviews that are manually flagged as inappropriate by others are sent to GasBuddy to review/remove.
If you don't see your review after 5 minutes, it's likely due to one of those reasons.
Reviews - Best Practices/Guidelines
Station reviews are designed for you to share the experience you’ve had at a station. Please review the following guidelines before submitting a review.
- Relevance: Keep the review relevant to your first-hand experience at the station.
- Don’t include hearsay from friends & family.
- Don’t use reviews to comment about other GasBuddies, or experiences you’re having not related to the station itself.
- Conflicts of Interest: Your reviews should be unbiased and objective. Please do not write biased reviews of your own station or for competitor stations.
- Honest: Be fair and honest in your review.
- Don’t let internet anonymity exaggerate your claims.
- Inappropriate content: Refrain from leaving a review with degrading or profane language.
- GasBuddy strives to have a member community that is positive. Personal attacks and threats do not align with GasBuddy’s values and are not permitted.
- Use the same language you would use to someone you’ve never met.
- Privacy: Do not publicize other people’s private information or use their full names.
- Promotion content: Do not use reviews for promoting a cause, station deals, specific programs, etc.
If you notice a review that does not follow these guidelines, please use the report function in the app or on the web.
Additionally, GasBuddy has the right to remove reviews as deemed necessary.